Monday, November 24, 2008

My State of Mind

This song by Jordan sparks is my mind set.

You said that I wasn’t pretty so I just believed you
and, you said that I wasn’t special.
So I lived that way with critical gazes, and brutal amazement at how my reflection could be so imperfect.
With all of my blemishes how could somebody want me?
But God love ugly,
he doesn’t see the way I see.
Oh, God takes ugly and turns it in to something that is beautiful.
Apparently I am beautiful cause you love me.
I try to clean up the outside
all shiny and new,
worked over tired
to pin up and look right.
But inside I knew that deep in the bottom
were secrets I thought I could try to ignore.
Old ghost in my corridors never get tired
of haunting the past that in me.
But god love ugly,
He doesn’t see the way I see.
Oh god takes ugly and turns it in to something that is beautiful.
Apparently I am beautiful cause you love me.
Help me believe,
why you love me
I know you see you see everything
help me believe
why you love me
when I know you see
inside and you still say im beautiful
you telling me im beautiful
your screaming out so beautiful
im finding im beautiful
you making me so beautiful
and I can see im beautiful cause you love me

No comments: